Saturday, October 23, 2010

How Do Older Ladys Play With Themselve

Little experience ethology a ride

One morning when the weather is nice, I decide to walk along the river, their hands in their pockets, just to get some exercise. It relaxes, refreshes the complexion and allows meetings pleasant or unpleasant, women in public space is only tolerated as it is better to know.

This morning is an auspicious day: the turning of the bank, I saw a beautiful tabby cat coming towards me. I slowed the pace, and as he stops, I stop too. He looks shy and prosperous. He sits on his haunches to examine me and decide if we can be boyfriend and girlfriend ... not. He wrinkled eyes looking at me, like cats, presumably to preserve sight in the eye, usually human, but they must be disturbed by folding and adopt their own! The animals (is) not look into the eyes is a sign of aggression.

Finally, he decided that I'm a creep, approach and lets cuddle. After a few moments, he even rolls on the floor and my shoes are allowed in tummy rub a total abandonment. It is the neighborhood, no doubt, he has a home, it is well fed, he wears necklace and medal for sure where we need to find address, phone and of course email address, all accessories urban cats well in their time!

Five minutes of human-feline friendship happen when all of a sudden his attitude changes, all the while, we must say that we are facing and that everyone sees behind the other. He recovered sharply on its feet, freezes, his eyes became glassy, his whole attitude proclaims defiance. As he looked behind me, I turn around and happen to see a few meters a hound dog kind black and white American Staffordshire (12 times the minimum size of the cat) held loosely on a leash by a woman. I put myself on the side of the cat remained motionless for many to see a scene and leave the passage, the cat turned into stone has not moved an inch, the atmosphere becomes thick, it could also cut into pieces ; clearly all his urbanity and the left controls the protagonists of the stage-two humans and a dog instantly understand and absolutely universal language that if ever there was to be the castagne is OK, is the game, but it would really bleed beyond the imaginable, if someone was not even a wrong move!

Besides, the lady and her dog began to soften the knee: they look the cat in amazement and then fear (mastiff included) and begin slowly but surely a detour as large as the narrow shoreline permits; more away they paddled in the water! Bypassing the dog well away from his mistress, the lady asks me a disapproving tone and outraged "But what's that? It is what you
chat? ; (It's incredible, it's me who'll take over!) To which I reply that no, I'm just a blue helmet, United Nations observer and my function here is peacekeeper! I am for dialogue among nations species.

Only after they both disappeared behind a curve of the towpath that the cat will relax and become "normal", ie a good friendly chat, a big marshmallow mellow! That's it. Finally, it is right that cat: the hecklers possibly large predators run cities, there is no reason to let him walk on legs that has also delicate, and it is prudent to show that we are HOSTILE first glance (at least not friendly, not friendly like the parents told us to be smiling, nice to the gentleman that we would like good, good girl and all that) and if unfortunately it had to turn sour, the victory is not promised to the predator, which was the respondent. That deterrent, potential predators are quickly discouraged if victory is not assured at 99% and that the victim did not play its role of victim. Deterrence can not get very bad.

Felis silvestris silvestris (European wildcat forest)
Credit: MarcheLibre

0 comments:

Post a Comment