Thursday, January 13, 2011

Permanent Eye Bruising

Women are heroes: I saw you




Credit : Photo-movie

is a film artist: fine framing, accelerated plans, saturated colors, short focal length, close-ups or extreme close-ups on the faces of women who tell their feats of everyday life in favelas and violent neighborhoods slated for demolition as coveted by developers. Loved the mass demolition meet gunfire with gangs or the police, wastelands, favelas and feel claustrophobic and endless, where you can not cross without the wall plate are omnipresent, like piles of trash where children work, the crush of crowded cities ... And these women speak education, school, books, entrepreneurship, marriage, their children, rape, too, and hope with incredible energy! It is never pessimistic.

Land art or street art : the film is a performance artist around the energy of women-in hostile universe. The soundtrack is by Massive Attack. Me, I loved it. However, I do not hide that going to see him like a little stress because I promised professional criticism in my previous post! We also understand why he won the prize for the Critics' Week in Cannes
: it is visually beautiful.

I have seen no real promotion for the film or radio, at least not the ones I listen, and nothing on TV and I have just been alerted to its release because I'm in mailing list of Amnesty International! Emelire about this in his note Wednesday.

Other reviews: The Inrocks (loves) Le Monde, Telerama and
Politis ; latter three do not like the movie ... without rather doubt the image of men that is tight! As I understand it: it shows a sequence where the director is negotiating the installation of its fabrics with men: they are praying and asking when we will return to photograph them! All bad players.

Finally a quote from an interview with a woman
Kibera (Kenya): I potential, women have the potential, the world does not see the potential of women!
I recommend going to see this beautiful film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment